Annual Giving Officer
Hartwick CollegeOneonta, NY
Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President for Engagement and Development, the Annual Giving Officer (AGO) is a key member of the development staff, contributing significantly with programming focused on annual and special giving.
The AGO will plan, implement, manage, and assess, all areas of the Hartwick annual giving program with specific revenue goals, including:
- Direct mail operations
- Electronic solicitations
- Annual giving data management
- Telefund operations (Wickwire)
- Student giving programming
- Social media giving coordination
- Reunion giving coordination
- Faculty and staff appeal coordination
- Special projects assigned by senior leadership
- Develop, calendar and execute a comprehensive strategic plan for all annual fund solicitations for the fiscal year, making appropriate adjustments as necessary to respond to changes and opportunities throughout the year. Constituents to be included are trustees, alumni, young alumni, parents, friends, employees, businesses and corporations. Targeted solicitations should be designed for the JCH Society, affinity groups, athletics, etc. focused on the interests of the constituent group.
- Ability to work with the Advancement Communications team to design and manage all direct mail operations
- Design and coordinate all electronic solicitations with the Advancement Communications team
- Organize all social media solicitations including with the Advancement Communications team:
- Giving Tuesday programming (November)
- Day of Giving (April)
- All College Advancement crowdfunding initiatives (including athletics, etc.)
- Coordinate faculty and staff employee appeals
- Manage direct mail and electronic solicitations for reunion giving program
- Supervise the WickWire Phonathon Program:
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage a staff of approximately 20 student callers, 2-3 student supervisors, and office work-study students
- Manage nightly calling sessions
- Develop scripts, rebuttals, new/returning caller training materials, and fulfillment paperwork as needed
- Coordinate scheduling and payroll for all student workers
- Maintain daily statistics and provide progress reports as needed
- Manage all student giving programs, including a Senior Class Giving Program
Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Must have proven computer skills including Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and the ability to use database software. Requires strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills. Supervisory experience, specifically for college students/young adults. Requires the ability to multi-task. Must be able to work within and manage a budget.
About Hartwick College
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process.
To apply for a position listed below, please submit one single pdf copy of your application materials inclusive of the content below.
- cover letter
- Diversity Statement – a statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/)
- the names and contact information for three references (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor)
All materials should be sent electronically to Suzanne Janitz, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected] with [Annual Giving Officer] in the subject line. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to apply www.hartwick.edu.