Hackley SchoolTarrytown, NY
The Advancement Associate serves as a key member of the Advancement team and works in close partnership with the Director of Annual Giving and the Director of Alumni Engagement. S/he is responsible for developing and leading selected key alumni and annual giving initiatives while providing overall program support in these two areas.
The Advancement Associate reports to the Associate Director of Advancement.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive young alumni engagement and giving program, including managing the Senior Class Gift.
- Refine and grow a robust networking program through events, communications, and the use of Hackley Connect (Graduway).
- Define a strategy and lead the execution of all giving days/giving challenge programs.
- Create content (visual and message) and manage all annual giving e-communications.
- Cultivate and solicit a portfolio of young alumni prospects.
- Provide support to the Director of Annual Giving including, for example, the production of volunteer materials, development of direct mail lists, and analysis of giving trends.
- Provide support to the Director of Alumni Engagement including, for example, the production of volunteer materials, coordination of event logistics, and assistance with the Hackley Alumni Association.
- Serve as a backup for gift processing.
- Collaborate closely with other advancement team members to reduce duplication and inefficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Advancement.
- Communicates both Hackley’s commitment to its enduring traditions and its exciting vision for the future – tailoring those messages as necessary to reach different audiences.
- Continually evaluates and, where necessary, redesigns programs for which s/he has direct responsibility.
- Interest in both data analytics and frontline fundraising.
- Engages fully in the life of the school.
- Maintains currency with best practices, innovative developments, and trends in the alumni engagement and annual giving fields.
- Capitalizes on opportunities to continue developing as a professional.
- Builds and maintains a professional rapport with a broad audience – alumni, donors, parents and all other staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with two to three years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Veracross or comparable fundraising database.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion and good judgment; prior volunteer management helpful.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills (e.g., detail oriented, ability to prioritize projects).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present information concisely and effectively.
- Capacity to work independently and thrive in a team environment.
- An ability to travel and work some nights/weekends as required.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and three references to:
Associate Director of Advancement
Only complete applications will be considered.
Please click here to apply www.hackleyschool.org.