Major Gifts Officer
Gannon UniversityErie, PA
Gannon University is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented fundraising professional to help advance the mission of our private, Catholic University through major gift solicitations. The successful candidate will join a contemporary advancement office model that is designed to allow gift officers to focus on their primary responsibilities through support from other team members accountable for stewardship, donor relations, event management, research, and portfolio management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Initiate, develop, cultivate, and secure gifts of $25,000 or greater, as well as annual fund gifts of lesser value, from varied donor prospects and existing major donors within a portfolio of at least 150 prospects.
- Plan and implement major gifts strategies using work plans; identify and evaluate potential donors.
- Design and implement prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies; and coordinate stewardship plans.
- Conduct 150 prospect visits per year.
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships as a liaison to one of the three colleges at the University.
- Bachelor’s degree; CFRE preferred.
- Three-to-five years of successful experience in individual fundraising or related sales/business development; experience in dealing with major gift prospects/clients.
- Commitment to higher education and a strong desire to associate with Gannon University and champion its mission is essential.
- Understanding of the University culture and the process for decision-making and program development are key components.
- Must be comfortable working in a team-oriented environment; be disciplined and result-oriented with excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- General knowledge of office equipment, CRM software and the Microsoft Office suite of products are required.
Gannon University, located near Lake Erie in Erie, Pennsylvania, offers ready access to a variety of cultural and exciting seasonal activities and is within a two-hour drive of Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Buffalo.
For more information about what Erie has to offer visit www.visiterie.com.
Gannon University seeks excellence through inclusion and invites women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and the name and contact information of three professional references to www.gannon.edu/employment.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
References will not be contacted without prior notification.
Gannon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com