Assistant Director Alumni Relations
Franklin & Marshall CollegeLancaster, PA
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations plans and implements alumni engagement activities for the College. The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations manages volunteers, encourages philanthropy, and collaborates with other team members as appropriate to carry out alumni and advancement related projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, market and execute programs that engage F&M constituent groups and encourage philanthropy.
- Recruit, train, manage and recognize assigned volunteers and groups.
- Collaborate with other college staff to create and deliver strategic engagement programming, with a high standard for excellence and constant attention to detail.
- Represent College Advancement at events, including evenings and weekends.
- Manage assigned budget.
- Maintain an engaging environment for alumni of Franklin & Marshall College. This environment encourages the active participation of alumni as event attendees, volunteers, and donors to the College.
- Collaborate, and maintain close relationships with Alumni Relations and Annual Giving teammates.
- Demonstrate well organized, goal oriented strategic thinking.
- Display a collaborative work-style and exhibit strong inter-personal skills.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in alumni relations, volunteer management, fundraising, events management, or nonprofit management preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Suite and willingness to learn College Advancement systems and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Must adhere to College privacy expectations and assure proper stewardship of sensitive and confidential data.
- Must have a genuine interest in the College’s alumni, its students, its current projects and its reputation.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver’s license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.fandm.edu/jobs.
To apply for this job please visit www.fandm.edu.