Digital Marketing Coordinator
Duke UniversityDurham, NC
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for a wide array of tasks related to e-communications: managing the production and distribution of email solicitation communications for ten schools and four annual fund programs, collaborating on management of social media channels, and overseeing digital testing and performance analysis. All of these areas further the Annual Fund’s goal to engage alumni/parents/students in providing philanthropic support for the university. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Communications in the Annual Fund.
Digital Marketing – The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for executing electronic communications for the Annual Giving team including but not limited to solicitations, newsletters, stewardship, recruitment, and event follow-up efforts for ten schools and four annual fund programs.
- In collaboration with the Communication Team, draft, edit, assemble, schedule, test and deliver Annual Fund electronic communications.
- Utilize HTML coding skills to build emails with dynamic content for multiple constituent groups.
- Coordinate with Communications Team and Development Communications to develop, execute and monitor testing strategy for email and other digital content.
- Support and develop other digital messaging and services for the Annual Fund.
- Collaborate with the other programs in the Annual Fund to deliver integrated e-communications (e-mail, landing pages, etc.) to target audiences.
Analytics and Performance Monitoring – The Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for executing testing and tracking of the E-communication channels to determine best practices and strategies.
- Create performance criteria and implement analytics across all Annual Fund’s digital channels
- Develop standard reporting materials for monitoring and analyzing performance
- Perform ongoing analysis of digital performance and various testing strategies
- Coordinate with Communications Team to identify performance results that support maintaining or adjusting tactics
- Monitor and report performance metrics on Annual Fund’s e-communications and social media channels to internal and external staff
General Digital Communications Work – The Digital Marketing Coordinator maintains the Annual Giving website and assists with joint social media accounts, collaborating with staff within the Annual Fund and University Development Communications, to develop strategies to further engage constituents with the University, and, more specifically, Annual Giving. This position is responsible for collaborating on visual designs and identities as well as static (text and images) and multimedia (audio and video) content, adhering to University standards in electronic communications.
- Collaborate on the administration of social media campaigns developed independently and/or jointly by the annual fund and communications departments.
- Manage relationships with student ambassador groups.
- Help develop and coordinate digital communications solutions to support internal communications goals.
- Oversee the day-to-day content, maintenance, and updates on the Annual Fund website.
- Perform work on other digital projects as needed (social media integration, landing pages for e-communications, etc.).
Serve as an active member of the Annual Fund staff and the Communications Team
- Work with other Communications staff members to help with operating plans, quarterly reports, and mid-year analyses.
- Attend biweekly staff and Communications team meetings.
- Attend and participate in Annual Fund events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Attention to Detail
- Goal and Task Management
- Collaborating with Others
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with 3 or more years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of e-communications creation, delivery and monitoring systems
- Work and/or educational background in analytics preferred
- Experience with website analytics practices and techniques, experience with software analytics packages a plus
- Understanding of multimedia distribution practices
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and applicable design skills
- Knowledge of graphic design and digital production applications and workflows
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to keep pace with change
- Experience in development and distribution of content within social media platforms
- Ability and experience in working in a primarily MS Windows environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please put “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com