Assistant Director Annual Fund
Charlottesville, VAUVA Darden School Foundation
The Darden School Foundation has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join its Advancement team. The Assistant Director, Darden Annual Fund assists the Senior Director and Associate Director in developing and implementing the strategic fundraising plan for the Darden Annual Fund. The Assistant Director is responsible for effectively motivating and managing non-reunion class agent volunteers, coordinating annual giving society activities and events, and assisting in planning and executing annual fund mailings and communications. The incumbent works closely with advancement team members and others for the overall success of the Darden School fundraising efforts.
Specific Duties and Responsibilites:
- Works with the Senior Director and Associate Director to develop, implement and manage the goals and strategies for Darden’s Annual Fund program.
- Recruits, trains and manages non-reunion Class Agent volunteers.
- Develops, executes, and manages fundraising and engagement strategies for each non-reunion class that aim to achieve dollar and participation goals and increase the number of leadership gifts in each class.
- Coordinates Darden Society and Hickory Club communication, activities and events.
- Identifies, engages, solicits, and stewards Annual Fund donors and prospects.
- Assists with crafting Annual Fund marketing messages and oversees the production of mailings.
- Coordinates the execution of Second Year class gift campaign for the residential program graduates as well as the MBA for Executives programs.
- Responsible for tracking results of solicitations, compiling data and assisting with analysis.
- Works on special initiatives in support of Darden Annual Fund priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years in development, marketing, client services, or sales.
- Experience working for a non-profit, foundation, or academic institution preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- A complete understanding of philanthropic, sales or business development is required to perform effectively. Knowledge and understanding of various levels of philanthropy is preferred.
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds, training, and experience.
- Ability to promote a positive image of the School and represent the School’s interests before the public, media, and other schools.
- In-depth knowledge of school, business issues, and current developments affecting business, industry, and the economy helpful.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, alumni, volunteers, staff, the public, and vendors in providing or exchanging information and obtaining or providing service.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software required.
- Proficiency utilizing the Internet as a resource.
- Excellent research and writing skills with demonstrated ability to communicate information to the public.
- Proficiency with Advance, Raiser’s Edge, or other fundraising database preferred.
- Contact with alumni, faculty, staff, trustees, and students
- Contact with corporations and corporate executives
- Contact with UVa Development professionals
- Ability to exercise sound judgment independently when responding to inquiries and interacting with donors, alumni, parents, faculty, volunteers, and staff.
- Strong personal and professional integrity.
- Position requires strong planning and organizational skills.
- Position requires frequent travel.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain cognizant of deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data.
Please click here to apply workforcenow.adp.com.