Director of Communications and Development
Crossroads AcademyLyme, NH
Crossroads Academy is an independent, coeducational day school committed to academic excellence and moral integrity. We inspire our students to love learning, act honorably, and contribute actively to intellectual, cultural, and civic life.
- Serve as the central point person for school communication, including generating, editing, proofing publications and key correspondence, The Weekly, Facebook, website, Head of School blogs/articles
- Serve as editor for Employee Handbook, Parent and Student Handbook, and Employee FAQs
- Post all job openings
- Coordinate special projects and initiatives for marketing and external relations
- Advertise school events through online calendars and listserv as well as local newspapers
- Manage school photos using Vidigami
- Generate press releases
- Assist with monthly Administrative Reports for the Board of Trustees
- In the event of a major event or crisis, consult with Head of School to assist with communications
- Oversee development functions at the school, including the Crossroads Fund on an annual basis as well as other development efforts
- Support the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees (BOT) and the Head of School (HOS) with major gifts and capital campaigns
- Generate print and electronic materials, solicitations, acknowledgements, development reports, and a range of stewardship materials
- Coordinate mailings/mail merges for Development
- Manage fundraising events, including Grandparents Day
- Generate grant proposals
- Supervise and make recommendations to Alumni Coordinator for alumni outreach
- Update development files, including NEON database
- Serve as back–up for the Administrative Support Specialist when posting gifts to the school
- Such other duties as may be assigned
- This is an administrative position requiring full-time work during the school year generally from 7:30 am–4:00 pm and summer hours consistent with other administrators of Mondays–Thursdays from 8:30 am–3:00 pm. The expectation is that you will work in order to complete the necessary tasks. Additional hours outside of the standard workday may be required for meetings/functions.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Crossroads Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Please click here to apply www.schoolspring.com.
- Next s