Assistant Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy for Annual Giving Programs
College of CharlestonCharleston, SC
A key member of the College of Charleston’s Annual Giving team, this position reports directly to the Executive Director of Annual Giving Programs and leads the group’s efforts to increase annual gifts via integrated direct mail, phone, email and social media marketing strategies. The Associate Director will help increase the number of donors and philanthropic dollars raised through online engagement and solicitation efforts. This position is responsible for the execution and evaluation of a complex set of Annual Giving solicitations for College of Charleston’s academic units, university priorities, and special interest programs. The Associate Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy utilizes digital analytics tools, predictive modeling, segmentation and other data-driven techniques to ensure communications are personalized, timely and consistent and annual giving goals are achieved. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in integrated marketing communications. Education and experience equivalencies will be considered. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to work on several projects concurrently while meeting deadlines. Analytical skills are required. Ability to develop solicitation strategies around university strategic objectives/goals. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply. Requires strong leadership skills. Preference will be given to individuals with:
- Higher education development experience or non-profit related experience.
- Experience with an email platform, specifically email creation, list management, and campaign plans (Such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MyEmma, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc…)
- Experience with integrated marketing and digital platforms such as Blackbaud’s Everyday Hero, Evertrue Volunteer Management, Social Toaster, etc.
- Proficiency in HTML coding
- Proficiency with the Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with designing and purchasing digital ads
- Experience with crowdfunding in a University setting
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Principles of integrated marketing
- Effective mass solicitation techniques
- Digital communications and analytics tools
- Develop and implement effective integrated multi-channel direct mail, social media and email marketing campaigns.
- Create successful mass solicitation segmentation strategies and donor journeys
- Conceptualize effective communications pieces with a strong and compelling call to action and on-brand storytelling and messaging
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Manage complex projects
- Apply creative and entrepreneurial thinking, while applying sound judgment and conducting oneself with integrity
- Work with a high degree of flexibility in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external partners
Additional Comments Regarding Position
This position will require the individual to work for 12 months from 8:30am-5:00pm. Nights and weekends will at times be required. Must be able to work around a flexible schedule.
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Please click here to apply jobs.cofc.edu.
- Next s