Assistant Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy for Annual Giving Programs
College of CharlestonCharleston, SC
- A key member of the College of Charleston’s Annual Giving team, this position reports directly to the Executive Director of Annual Giving Programs and leads the group’s efforts to increase annual gifts via integrated direct mail, phone, email and social media marketing strategies.
- The Associate Director will help increase the number of donors and philanthropic dollars raised through online engagement and solicitation efforts.
- This position is responsible for the execution and evaluation of a complex set of Annual Giving solicitations for College of Charleston’s academic units, university priorities, and special interest programs.
- The Associate Director, Integrated Marketing Strategy utilizes digital analytics tools, predictive modeling, segmentation and other data-driven techniques to ensure communications are personalized, timely and consistent and annual giving goals are achieved.
Email and Online Giving Strategies – 35%
- Responsible to strategize, conceptualize, and implement all digital tactics intended for a broad audience of alumni, donors, parents, faculty and staff.
- Plan and implement appropriate e-mail solicitations based on a broader digital strategy that incorporates multiple channels.
- Manage the regular updating of content in various media venues.
- Responsible for creating, editing, and reviewing integrated solicitation communication materials including strategic print materials, e-mail content, and online giving pages.
- Strategically solve advanced marketing challenges through segmentation strategy, testing packages and initiatives, oversee implementation of A/B testing protocol and procedures.
- Actively research products, series, emerging technologies and platforms and be the team expert making all digital recommendations.
- Deploy content effectively, utilizing data driven decisions to determine maximum impact; conduct audits to assess effectiveness of tactics.
- Responsible to use strong research, writing and editing skills with exceptional organizational, analytical and project management skills to fulfill scope of work.
- Understand and apply knowledge of College fundraising priorities and goals.
- Develop strategies to manage and continuously improve the donor experience.
- Responsible for managing both central and college/unit based electronic appeals.
- Serve as the key communication contact with campus partners in developing electronic solicitations.
- Manage and create executive-level reporting for senior management activity and progress toward social media objectives.
- Develop and own digital calendar.
Crowdfunding/Giving Days – 20%
- Partner with the Assistant Director of Digital Communications to manage the CofC Crowdfunding platform, including administration of crowdfunding projects, enforcement of crowdfunding policies, and to enhance the platform.
- Working with the Executive Director of Annul Giving Programs, cultivate and coordinate multiple crowdfunding projects annually and find ways to strengthen the relationship between College and donor interests.
- Solve issues that arise quickly and effectively, following through on project commitments assuring that critical timelines are met.
- Prepare for potential problems and look for fundraising opportunities in advance of launching a Crowdfunding project ensuring donors are being reached appropriately and the message content represents CofC in a favorable way.
Social Media Engagement – 15%
- Strategically act as a digital engagement officer using social channel tools to identify those whom influence and potential prospects, and identify colleagues to further engage.
- Develop strategy for paid advertising such as Facebook ads and sponsored posts.
- Strategically manage and enhance the Cougar Online Ambassador program including member recruitment, content strategy, and managing relationships with College partners.
School Based Officer Support – 15%
- In partnership with the Executive Director of Annual Giving Programs, provides annual and strategic planning for two schools/units.
- Works with the assigned major gift officer to set the annual strategy for solicitations before the start of each year.
- In addition, works to secure annual donations to the Dean’s Excellence Fund from school or advisory board members.
- Works to set the annual call center and online calendar and messaging for the Dean’s Excellence Funds.
Call Center Management – 15%
- Prepare for and set up calling shifts.
- Establish short and long term goals, motivate student callers, and improve both performance and productivity.
- Ensure shifts are appropriately supervised and monitored to improve calI quality, provide assistance, and guidance to student callers and supervisors.
- Work with Annual Giving Office colleagues, Advancement Services, Alumni Relations, Admissions staff to create segments, request data uploads, scripts, and call schedules to maximize call center performance and productivity.
- Ensure calls are coded correctly and call center staff is following appropriate calling guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in integrated marketing communications
- Education and experience equivalencies will be considered
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work on several projects concurrently while meeting deadlines
- Analytical skills
- Ability to develop solicitation strategies around university strategic objectives/goals.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply
- Leadership skills
- Higher education development experience or non-profit related experience
- Experience with an email platform, specifically email creation, list management, and campaign plans (Such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MyEmma, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc…)
- Experience with integrated marketing and digital platforms such as Blackbaud’s Everyday Hero, Evertrue Volunteer Management, Social Toaster, etc.
- Proficiency in HTML coding 5. Proficiency with the Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with designing and purchasing digital ads
- Experience with crowdfunding in a University setting
Skills and Abilities
- Principles of integrated marketing
- Effective mass solicitation techniques
- Digital communications and analytics tools
- Develop and implement effective integrated multi-channel direct mail, social media and email marketing campaigns
- Create successful mass solicitation segmentation strategies and donor journeys
- Conceptualize effective communications pieces with a strong and compelling call to action and on-brand storytelling and messaging
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Manage complex projects
- Apply creative and entrepreneurial thinking, while applying sound judgment and conducting oneself with integrity
- Work with a high degree of flexibility in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external partners
This position will require the individual to work for 12 months from 8:30am5:00pm. Nights and weekends will at times be required. Must be able to work around a flexible schedule.
*Salary is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check.
$39,960 – $56,947
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Please click here to apply jobs.cofc.edu.
- Next s