Direct Response Marketing Director
Bloomsburg University FoundationBloomsburg, PA
- The Bloomsburg University Foundation is seeking a data-driven, creative and strategic market analyst to lead the Henry Carver Fund (HCF), Bloomsburg’s annual fund. The Direct Response Marketing Director is a key leadership position in a development operation that has just completed a $62M capital campaign.
- The Direct Response Marketing Director will lead donor acquisition and retention strategy. S/he will analyze patterns and behaviors within our database to form an integrated multi-media strategy for key constituent segments.
- The Direct Response Marketing Director will be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of messaging including the development of themes and creating a comprehensive, consistent and compelling case statement for the Henry Carver Fund.
- S/He will oversee all aspects of a comprehensive direct response marketing campaign and will be responsible for the development, design, coordination and implementation of a strategic roadmap utilizing effective segmentation and messaging to raise annual renewable funds for Bloomsburg University and develop an annual marketing plan to support the desired outcomes. This marketing plan will reach donors through a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies via a multi-channel approach using direct mail, social media, electronic solicitation, phonathon, online giving, and crowd funding.
- The Direct Response Marketing Director will increase annual revenue and alumni participation, while shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support. S/He will support greater development campaign goals, focusing on building the major gift donor pipeline for the University, and working closely with the entire Advancement Division to steward and solicit contributions.
- The Direct Response Marketing Director is responsible for an annual budget and supervises the Assistant Director of Annual Giving and may also supervise student employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to design, implement and execute multi-year marketing plans for each constituent segment, monitoring implementation and results.
- Provide database and market analysis to drive constituent segmentation and develop marketing strategy.
- Develop models to forecast and monitor participation rates and dollar goals.
- Develop and execute an integrated multi-channel direct response marketing strategy by constituent segment.
- Work with campus partners (e.g., Athletics, Alumni and Professional Engagement, academic units) to increase current use dollars to their units.
- In collaboration with the Advancement Division, develop further the Henry Carver Fund Brand by building an exciting, consistent and compelling case statement.
- Work in collaboration with the university’s marketing and communication team to ensure consistency with brand messaging and visual elements
- Direct and support the internal faculty and staff campaign and student philanthropy initiatives.
- Employees may be asked to perform job related duties in addition to those outlined above.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with, and comprehensive understanding of data analytics, market analysis and marketing strategy
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develop relationships that enhance overall development goals
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills are essential
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Valid US driver’s license and ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally
- Physical demands are modest
- Sitting, standing, walking required
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity and required for keyboarding
- Speech, visual and hearing abilities that are suffice to read and view writing materials and effectively communicate and interact with staff and donors in person and over the telephone
Please click here to apply giving.bloomu.edu.