Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Augustana CollegeRock Island, IL
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving works collaboratively with the Director of Annual Giving and Associate Vice President of Development in creating, managing and implementing a successful annual giving program. The Coordinator/Assistant Director coordinates and manages projects within the annual giving program including direct marketing, digital and web-based marketing, and telemarketing to raise funds for college priorities.
- Assist with the development of an integrated marketing communications plan that is aligned with the objectives of Augustana College and achieves the Augustana Fund dollar goal and the Annual Giving donor goal.
- Assist with the implementation and review of a strong data-driven solicitation system including evaluating results, tracking mail and email appeals, data-mining; assess marketing segmentation to improve results and monitor metrics of giving participation, average gift size, donor retention, acquisition, and upgrades, and return on investments; assist with the development and interpretation of annual giving reports.
- Serve as project manager on various communication efforts through all channels.
- Oversee the daily activities of the AugieConnect telefund program; serve as primary contact with the telefund vendor, and perform/assist with the hiring and training of the AugieConnect student staff; schedule calling segments, pledge reminders, and track pledge fulfillment and student staff performance to maximize efficiency.
- Develop and implement crowdfunding program
- Work with the internal and external partners to create dynamic messages that will connect with alumni, parents and friends of the college.
- Develop and implement a student philanthropy program aimed at increasing student donations to the college.
- Assist with developing strategy to increase faculty/staff and parent/family giving to the college.
- Assist with developing, implementing and evaluating social media strategies to connect with alumni and potential donors to enhance engagement and philanthropy; manage and maintain the social media ambassadors programs.
- Assist with drafting and editing of annual giving communications as needed for all channels.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of 25-50 engagement prospects. Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and engages assigned prospects to achieve revenue targets. Visits and contacts prospects to develop and grow prospect engagement and giving.
- Participate in and staff department events such as Family Weekend, Homecoming, A Day of Giving, and other event as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Advancement Office, providing assistance and input as needed, and communicating frequently to ensure events and activities do not conflict.
- Research and stay up-to-date on trends in the field of higher education advancement, annual giving, and philanthropy; suggest new initiatives and/or improvements to improve the Augustana Annual Giving outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years of fundraising experience, and/or related experience in communications and marketing.
- Demonstrated passion for fundraising and the mission of higher education.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Basic understanding of higher education advancement and development, annual giving, and alumni relations.
- Ability to effectively plan, implement, and monitor programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with advancement staff and other campus partners.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills, attention to details, and ability to assume responsibility for completing projects efficiently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with a diverse campus community.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision and create new strategies to achieve fundraising goals.
- Ability to develop rapport with a wide variety of donors, alumni, potential donors, and student callers.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience with various social media platforms in a professional setting.
- Ability to be a statistical forecaster and use data to develop new initiatives and strategies.
- Experience with telefund management.
- Experience with web content management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (especially Access and Excel).
- Experience copywriting and/or creative design.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Special Requirements: This position may require evening and weekend work, particularly during management of the AugieConnect telefund and during advancement events.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter including salary requirements, a resume, and a list of references to [email protected] no later than July 25, 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
- Next s