Associate Director of Annual Giving
Ashland UniversityAshland, OH
The Associate Director of Annual Giving will participate in the strategic development of broad-based giving with the Director of Annual Giving, exploring how to synergize direct mail, e-mail, crowdfunding, and phonathon, and growing year-over-year results in overall dollars raised. They will work collaboratively with colleagues to improve the alumni participation rate and assist with Annual Fund, Alumni Relations, student philanthropy and campaign fundraising events as needed.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates strategic fiscal year plans for all solicitation methods and audience segments in collaboration with the Director of Annual Giving.
- Monitors results of solicitation methods and audience segments and analyzes results. Compares the previous fiscal year, to the current fiscal year, and projects anticipated results.
- Monitors the annual giving budget and solicitation results to ensure ideal cost-benefit ratio is maintained.
- Executes five or more direct mail campaigns each fiscal year. Determines timeline, audience segments, and content themes.
- Executes two or more online crowdfunding campaigns each fiscal year. Determines timeline, audience segments, and content themes.
- Executes two phonathon campaigns each fiscal year. Determines timeline, audience segments, and content themes.
- Executes a fiscal year strategy to retain or upgrade LYBUNTS, recapture SYBUNTS, and acquire new donors.
- Integrates specific audience segments with appropriate solicitation methods: Alumni, 50th Reunion Class, Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD prospects), current students, faculty and staff, parents of current students and parents of alumni, and President’s Circle members.
- Tracks annual progress of direct mail, email, online crowdfunding, and phonathon campaigns.
- Tracks annual progress of LYBUNT retention rates, SYBUNT recapture rates, and new donors acquisition rates.
- Tracks President’s Circle membership and fulfillment rates.
- Bachelor’ s degree from accredited university.
- An appreciation for private, comprehensive, Christian higher education.
- Planning projects and meeting deadlines.
- Managing multiple projects successfully.
- Running an in-house student-led phonathon program.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical aptitude.
- Creative eye for print and electronic graphic design.
- Organized and thoughtful in planning.
- Ability to travel as needed; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Ability to work through periods of high stress.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references in a Word document or PDF when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
To apply for this job please visit www.ashland.edu.