Annual Giving Officer
Posted on 10/13/2017
Arcadia UniversityGlenside, PA
The Annual Giving Officer is a full-time employee in the University Advancement division of Arcadia University. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Annual Giving Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of annual giving prospects, assigned reunion giving classes, the Alumni Walk of Pride paver program, and student phonathons. The Annual Giving Officer also helps to coordinate campaigns, fundraising volunteer programs, and represents the Annual Giving Office at alumni and university events.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university in Greater Philadelphia and promises a distinctly global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. A national leader in study abroad and international education, Arcadia has been named #1 in undergraduate study abroad participation by the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report for the past seven years. Approximately 3,900 students attend Arcadia, and the University’s 2,500 undergraduate students choose from more than 65 fields of study. Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia’s Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we’ve established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
- Manage (cultivate, solicit and steward) a portfolio of approximately 200 alumni and friends for personal solicitation of new, renewed, and upgraded gifts, with the goal of increasing annual giving from the $250 level to the $5K level.
- Attend and support alumni development events, especially – but not exclusively – those where assigned prospects and young alumni are present. Attend key university events including President’s Circle events, Alumni Weekend, Commencements, Honorary Degree Reception, etc.
- Work with assigned reunion committees and class fund agents to solicit reunion class gifts. Assist with preparation of reunion appeal letters to assigned classes.
- In conjunction with the Director of Annual Giving and the Assistant Vice President for Alumni Engagement and Communications, conceptualize and implement digital campaigns designed to encourage student, alumni, faculty, staff, and parent support for programs including, but not limited to, the Day of Giving and spring fundraiser. Assist in the development and promulgation of pre-event communications, ongoing messaging, incentives, and acknowledgment processing.
- Serve as primary point person in Annual Giving for implementing a successful Day of Giving: recruiting Social Media Ambassadors, working with student leaders and ambassadors, collaborating with staff in University Advancement, University Relations, Alumni Relations, and Student Affairs.
- Manage all aspects of the Alumni Walk of Pride paver program, including the soliciting of donations from parents, students, and alumni, as well as the ordering and installation of engraved bricks.
- Participate on university committees as assigned.
- Update alumni records and track donor relationships and communications in a Raiser’s Edge database.
- Develop reports and conduct program analysis as needed.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Office of University Advancement by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Received: Director, Annual Giving
- Given: student workers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in mounting multi-channel solicitation campaigns and facility in using social media and HTML format strongly preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor software preferred.
- Ability to relate well within a Higher Educational Community.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgement.
- A bachelor’s degree is required,
- Minimum of three years or more years of successful and demonstrable experience in fundraising
- Valid driver’s license,
- Access to a personal means of transportation,
- Ability to travel and work outside the office 80 percent (4 out of 5 days) of the week, including local and out-of-state travel.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/2224/annual-giving-officer/job →