Director of Annual Giving
Antioch CollegeYellow Springs, OH
Reporting to the College’s Vice President for Advancement, this person is responsible for managing the College’s annual giving program (direct mail, personal solicitation, online giving and telephone solicitation). The Director of Annual Giving will also facilitate Advancement’s working relationships with alumni and students as these relate to the department’s goal of improving solicitation and stewardship of donors and strengthening alumni and student relations. The Annual Giving Manager will be comfortable working directly with prospects capable of making leadership annual gifts ($1,000 to $10,000). This position is based in Yellow Springs, Ohio, and involves significant travel.
- Conceptualize, create and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program, including strategies to incorporate alumni volunteers, social media, and students to raise funds for Antioch College, attract new donors, and increase the average size of gifts.
- Responsible for planning and implementing multiple direct mail appeals annually, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal. Involves working with printers, vendors, and key advancement/alumni staff on theme and artistic concept.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier, identifying donors for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Work with communications staff to strategically include Annual Fund messages, stories, ads, updates and results in the Antiochian and other publications and communications.
- Organize Million Dollar March Match and the town hall that takes place in conjunction with the Match.
- Work with alumni volunteers and other staff to organize and manage reunion giving and the reunion gala benefit.
- Manage a small portfolio of donors and prospects among College’s alumni, parent and friend constituencies with the goal of initiating or upgrading annual gifts.
- Work in close coordination with other fundraising and alumni relations staff to engage a community of 17,000 alumni at a particularly important and exciting time for the College.
- Serve as an internal ambassador for the College by building positive relationships with faculty, staff and students through participation in College sponsored events and activities.
- Serve as an external ambassador for the College by building positive relationships with members of the Yellow Springs community and beyond.
- Perform related duties as required or deemed appropriate to accomplish the assigned duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, empathetic disposition, perseverance, and optimistic and positive attitude.
- Understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop relationships between them and the College.
- Sensitivity to needs and feelings of others.
- Work successfully under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong service orientation.
- A collaborative teamwork approach to work projects.
- Three years of successful fundraising experience, including direct solicitation of five figure+ gifts. Consideration is given to solid experience in related fields with transferable skills.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills,
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with or ability to learn Raiser’s Edge data base management program.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Utilization of public and/or private transportation during all seasons and weather to reach prospects, donors, and associated functions. This could include accessing automobiles, trains, planes, and other forms of transportation.
- Ability to access facilities associated with prospects, donors, and associated functions.
- Ability to utilize standard office equipment such as phone and computer and other devices used in support of work accomplishment
- Physical ability to perform daily office activities, to include sitting long periods at a desk, light duty lifting, written and oral correspondence.
- Able to multitask and provide accuracy and attention to details
- Able to initiate, follow-through, analyze, monitor and evaluate individual strategy plans for qualification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Able to articulate the mission/vision/goals of Antioch College and understand with sufficient effectiveness to secure gifts of $1,000 or more.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree and/or professional training preferred.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
Antioch College embraces diversity as a core value, and considers it fundamental to excellence in education. We are an educational community dedicated to the pursuit of social justice that intentionally and consistently supports diverse and inclusive practices. Antioch College acknowledges and seeks to end the existence of systemic inequity in terms of access to power, resources, and privilege and works to develop access and equity in the community. Within this context, Antioch seeks to build authentic engagement across diversity, ensure systems of support for historically and currently marginalized groups, and promote safety in challenging dialogues and exchanges. We believe diversity enhances learning and our individual and collective ability to manifest positive change. We seek candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s mission through curricular development and innovation that fosters social justice, cultural competencies, and understanding of diversity.
Application materials for the position will be accepted until an appointment is made or the position is canceled. There is no relocation available for this position.
Include the position title in subject line and submit in one attachment in Word or PDF format the following:
- A cover letter addressing relevant experience, leadership and your suitability for and interest in the Antioch College position,
- A resume detailing your work history and relevant experience, and education,
- Three professional references who are familiar with your work and who will speak with Antioch about your capabilities (they will not be contacted without your knowledge). Provide their contact information including name, association with you, telephone number, and email address.
Antioch College is an equal opportunity employer; the College offers employment, advancement opportunities, and benefits in a harassment-free environment on the basis of merit, qualifications and competency to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or covered veteran status. Candidates who can contribute to Antioch’s commitment to diversity and its evolving multilingual culture are encouraged to apply.
Please click here to apply www.antiochcollege.edu.