Associate Director, Prospect Research
Posted on 10/10/2018
Albany Medical Center FoundationAlbany, NY
The Associate Director of Prospect Research provides leadership and strategic direction in support of the Foundation’s fundraising goals through proactive and creative identification and evaluation of individual and organizational prospects. The Associate Director will seek out ways to identify new prospects, provide high quality research to validate capacity, offer indication of donor inclination, and inform prospect ratings and projected ask amounts. The Associate Director will provide analysis of development officer portfolios and provide guidance to development office staff in prioritizing prospects and determining appropriate ask amounts. The Associate Director is expected to be both an individual contributor to projects and to provide management for the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that Institute leadership and development officers are prepared for travel (e.g. to high level prospect visits, tours, dean’s events, alumni association events, etc.) with research as appropriate for various activities including cultivation, solicitation, prospect speculation, etc.
- Represent the prospect research effort in meetings with Albany Med leadership, including CEO, Dean, as well as Development Committee members.
- Seek out and implement technological solutions to ensure that the research effort is on the cutting edge of efficiency and thoroughness.
- Provide responsible oversight of departmental budget to ensure maximum return on various research tools and subscriptions.
- Develop and implement office-wide training on Raiser’s Edge and associated Blackbaud products as related to prospect management.
- Develop thorough documentation of program policies and procedures.
- Support the Campaign efforts by developing and refreshing a robust and dynamic prospect pyramid that reflects a proactive and aggressive approach to prospect identification and qualification.
- Initiate prospect pool development (identification and qualification) in support of Foundation fundraising goals.
- Conduct analysis of development officer portfolios and provide guidance to development office staff in prioritizing prospects and determining appropriate ask amounts.
- Prepare bios, briefings and snapshots on prospects in advance of events, visits, strategy meetings, etc.
- Continue to help shape the grateful patient fund raising initiative by managing the daily screening results for the grateful patient program and determining when to invest in prospect research based on the screening results.
Please click here to apply www.amc.edu.