Assistant Director of The Fund for Agnes Scott
Posted on 08/07/2017
Agnes Scott CollegeDecatur, GA
Provides planning and support for the daily operations of the annual fund program within the guidelines of federal, state, and local laws and office, division and college policies and procedures. Reports to the director of the annual fund or other designated person and works with co-workers, alumnae, vendors, students and other college personnel to assist in the management, coordination and success of the annual fund program with special emphasis and responsibility for non-reunion class fund chairs, data support for mass solicitations: direct mail and e-solicitations and reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates and achieves annual giving and participation goals for The Fund for Agnes Scott for assigned non-reunion classes.
- Works directly with assigned non-reunion fund chairs to promote the annual fund and facilitate peer-to-peer solicitation.
- Provides a handbook, monthly reports, direct mail appeals, e-solicitations and any other materials needed by fund chairs to fulfill their duties and goals.
- Creates appreciation events and recognition for fund chairs with associate director.
- Provides special data and respond to program requests from non-reunion classes and other entities as appropriate.
- Works with advancement communications to manage Mollie Merrick young alumnae campaign and Black Cat campaign on Facebook and other web-based media, such as fiscal year end web-and-email-based appeals, including creation of young alumnae profiles.
- Staffs Alumnae Weekend events as needed, coordinating specific annual fund responsibilities with senior director of donor relation.
- Maintains a portfolio of annual fund prospects.
- Completes a minimum of 25 out-of-the-office personal visits annually to support volunteers and solicit increased annual fund gifts.
- Provides constituent coding, data support and segmentation coding for annual fund ask amounts and mass direct mail and email campaigns.
- Manages donor coding, mailings and creation of premiums for Fideles Society and leadership annual fund donors.
- Provides monthly reporting on alumnae giving and participation, recurring and installment giving, donor retention, appeal performance and other reporting as needed.
- Provides support to director and associate director for Alumnae Weekend and Reunion Boot Camp.
- Acts as an administrator for the Alumnae Association Facebook page, posting on behalf of the annual fund in coordination with the alumnae relations office.
- Assist as needed with modified student calling program.
Education: BA/BS required.
Experience: One to three years in a fund-raising/non-profit environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of development and fundraising with an understanding of individual giving programs, and detailed understanding of annual fundraising programs, such as direct mail, phonathon, and personal solicitation programs.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, written and verbal communication skills; excellent internal and external customer service skills and proven success in problem solving, attention to detail and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, train and support a variety of volunteers in a team environment. Proven success at collaborating with a variety of personalities and people.
- Proficiency in modern computer software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows. Proficiency with social media including Facebook and LinkedIn. Experience with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software or other database experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and travel.
Other: Irregular hours, evening and weekend hours and travel are required. Must possess or have ability to obtain a valid Georgia State driver’s license.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking and occasional moving of light objects. Work is performed in an office or off-campus social/business setting.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please apply online. Cover letter is required. Position is posted until filled. Due to the overwhelming response to the college’s staff openings we are unable to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed submissions please.
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job please visit agnesscott.applicantpro.com.
- Next s